Being a details kind of guy, I found the above article to list some very interesting statistics from the Chicago Police Department. I would like to know more about the people involved in the murders, both the victims and the perpetrators.
- If a gun was used, did they legally own it?
- If a concealed gun was used, did they have a CCW permit?
- Were they members of the NRA?
- Did they graduate high school?
- Did they have illegal drugs in their system?
- Did they grow up with both parents in the same house?
- What did they do for a living?
- Did they attend a religious service regularly?
- Were they on welfare or other form of government assistance?
Chicago has some the strictest gun control laws in the nation and is one of the most dangerous places. We need to treat the problems that are causing the violence, not creating more laws that the criminal will not follow.
Education, better parenting, more positive role models to influence the youth. We need to be teaching others to work hard and educate yourself for success, instead of complaining life's not fair and expecting a hand out.
Because when that hand out isn't enough and someone has no skills or work ethic to succeed on their own., the thug life can be too much of a temptation.